If it’s bad, know that it could be worse, and you can make it better….
* Today is Monday. That in itself can be a demotivation for most people….
…then again, Tuesday is usually a pretty good prospecting and selling day, and it’s not that far away.
* The weather is getting cooler, and for those who are not big fans of the cold, this is the beginning of the long cold season….
…then again, many of the best festivities, holidays, and time together with friends and family happen during the cooler months of the year. Something to look forward to. A quick 3 or 4 day weekend in parts south can also change that perspective if you plan accordingly.
* Someone ran into my car this weekend, crushed my pride and joy vehicle, and has created a ton of runaround work for me over the next few months….
…then again, we are all safe and not injured, the insurance company responded fairly quickly, and I know the company that will be doing the work on my car.
* You went over your company books and your latest jobs, and realize that things are not going the way you had hoped, and the end of the year looks a bit more challenging….
…then again, the end of a fiscal year is really just another day at the end of a plan, and there is no better time than the present to STOP…..and BREATHE…..and MAKE A PLAN that diverts from the current challenge.
It really could be worse, and standing around worrying about it, or not doing anything at all, usually does not make the problem any better.
I recall a former client, telling me his turnaround story. In his words:
- My job went away, along with many other of my friends.
- I went home and thought for about 24 hours
- I went out and bought 3 sewing machines
- I reached out to people I knew that might need my new service idea
- I started an embroidery business in my garage
- I embroidered the Super Bowl Winning Logo for the New York Giants on a gazillion ball caps several years later!!
The point is very clear: when things are not so good, making a success of things is not about contemplating the past or a perceived future. It is about taking ahold of the moment, and making the best outcome of what you are holding, RIGHT NOW!
Today is a good day to make a positive change. Today is a good day to take on the future with a new perspective. Today is a good day to consider a new direction, or to seek out help from a trusted source, or someone who has seen and lived a lot of tough situations, and spends their time making the bad things better, and the good thing GREAT! Today is a good day to stop at the MILE MARKER, assess the situation, and plan a strategy for business success.
Let’s start a conversation, about planning, finance, strategy, and solving problems. MILE MARKER BUSINESS AND CONSULTING SERVICES, LLC is ready to help.