These are items we need to review in order to get the process going….
You have had the first meeting. The discussion was really good! You were asked the tough questions…
– The topics and feedback touched an important tone with you, and made you think about how things can be better, and of the possibilities.
– You agreed to follow up, maybe even to do business together, and to gather together the list of information to move the process forward. There is value added by following up!
……and 2 weeks later, you still have not gotten the information together, you have not returned e-mails and phone calls, and you will ultimately get to this project, SOMETIME LATER!?!?!?
It happens quite often. We have an issue at hand;
* Your financing needs are growing
* You need to develop a better business strategy
* You bank is having issues with your operations, or needs you to improve operations
* Your marketing approach is not working, and the competition is slowly eating you for lunch
And rather than taking the time to start an improvement process, you spend time going back to the business approach you have followed in the past;
* Attacking without a plan
* Throwing mud on the wall
* Avoid digging into the numbers and facts that could provide insight
* Banking on LUCK as something that will make the problem go away
* ALLOWING THE SITUATION TO CONTINUE…..
So what is stopping you from doing a better thing, and following up? There probably is no single answer to “Why?”, but a point is consistent in all of the cases above; WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE ISSUES AT HAND (and following up), THE PROBLEM WILL NOT JUST GO AWAY.
We all get busy doing the business of running our business, when in reality, looking AT THE BUSINESS from outside of the operations (or as the responsible owner) can be revealing, refreshing, and very helpful to the health of a business. It’s like going to a doctor for a checkup; you should make the effort to get ahead of issues, and to address illness or health ahead of a critical situation.
So when you meet with the Banker, the Financier, the Consultant, the Specialist, or ANY value added person that can assist with your problems, and who has shown a positive input and positive outcome to your discussions and for your business, FOLLOW UP!! There is a lot at stake, including the LIFE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
Mile Marker Business and Consulting Services, LLC is a consulting firm designed with your business in mind. Focus is on the tough questions, gaining insight, digging in and developing strategy, and making your business better. Through gathering information, and following up, you can make great progress, by stopping at the Mile Marker. Reach out today!